Invited Lectures and Presentations
As an expert in feminist theology and activist for women’s human rights and gender justice, Gina has been invited to offer lectures and presentations at various events and institutions around the country including the University of California at Santa Barbara, Notre Dame University, Claremont Graduate University, and Arizona State University. Gina specializes in bridging the gap between scholarship and community and is available for speaking engagements, workshops, and retreats.
Gina will speak at the 2015 Call To Action Event in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on November 7, 2015.
Recent Speaking Engagements
Gina spoke at The Harvard Coop to discuss Faithfully Feminist and participate in a dialogue with audience members about the interconnection between religion and feminism on October 3, 2015.
Gina also spoke at Xavier University alongside Jennifer Zobair, Amy Levin, Judith Plaskow, Rosemary Radford Ruether, and Amina Wadud at the Feminist and Faith event on September 20, 2015.
She joined Jennifer Zobair and Amy Levin at the JCC Manhattan to share a panel and respond to questions regarding the new release of Faithfully Feminist on September 9, 2015.
Gina returned to the United Nations in March, 2014 to speak at the Commission on the Status of Women about the feminization of poverty. She also moderated a dialogue about the rising rates of HIV in women worldwide.
- Gina had the honor of presenting a WATER Teleconference in April, 2013. Her talk, “In Search of Healing: Confronting Rape Culture and Spiritual Violence,”can be accessed here.
- Gina returned to the United Nations to speak at the Commission on the Status of Women regarding violence against women and globalization on March 9, 2013.
- Gina spoke at the American Academy of Religion in Chicago, November 17-20, 2012. She offered two separate presentations: 1. Feminism, Religion, and Social Media; 2. A Feminist Theological Perspective on Genocide and the Responsibility to Protect.
- Gina presented on a panel about women’s ordination in the Catholic Church alongside Rosemary Radford Ruether, Jane Via, and Fr. Roy Bourgeois at Claremont Graduate University on November 1, 2012.
- Gina had the pleasure of introducing Dolores Huerta and presenting her with the “Woman Making History” Award on behalf of the National Women’s History Museum at the Creative Artists Agency in Los Angeles, California on October 25, 2012.
- Gina spoke on the topic of violence against mothers at the 77th annual American Mothers Convention in Washington D.C., May 5, 2012.
- Gina was invited to present on reproductive justice on April 9, 2012 at Loyola Marymount University in an effort to encourage dialogue on this important topic. Click here to read Gina’s presentation.
- Gina presented on the topic of mothers and peacebuilding at the United Nations during the Commission on the Status of Women on March 2, 2012. Click here to read Gina’s presentation.
- Gina discussed the future of feminist theology on the Feminist Theologies: Past, Present, and Future panel. Click below to review the video of the event.
Or click here to read Gina’s presentation on the future of feminist theology.
If you are interested in scheduling a speaking engagement, and interview or for media requests, please send an email to gmessinadysert at gmail dot com.